Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School


Makena started 2nd Grade! She's getting so big. She wasn't thrilled about setting her alarm and starting the schedule again. Makena loved her teacher last year (Mrs. Lefler) and was anxious to get to know her new teacher. When she went to check her class list she didn't know anyone. I'm proud of her as she has made new friends and is doing great in school.

Big News, Jake started Kindergarten! He was excited to start school again. He attended preschool at Ridgeline so he was pretty comfortable in his surroundings. He likes his teacher and is making new friends. When he checked his class list he also didn't know anyone but he kept a positive attitude by saying he knew at least one person... Jake Newman.

Tanner couldn't wait to start preschool until it was actually time to go. All last year he wanted to go to preschool and for the first two weeks of school he couldn't wait until it was his turn. Wouldn't you know it, it's been tears and bribes ever since it started. He wouldn't even let me put on his backpack and take a pictue so he just got a goofy picture of his new P.J's that he loves.

8 comments:

Lisa Loeffler said...

So glad Kenna and Atallia are in the same class! What cute kids you have and what an adorable family picture!!!!! I love it!

Shannon and Andrew said...

I love Jake's comment about at least knowing himself. What a witty kid. I love Tanner's pajamas

MEGandJEFF said...

OK, so you've had a posting frenzy since I last checked...geez! SO, I'll just post one comment to cover all my bases..hehe :) It looks like you guys had a blast in Powell..you look so stinkin' cute..I seriously aspire to look as fabulous as you do after I have kids. ANYWHO, it was really fun to spend time with you guys in Bear Lake..I enjoyed it :) NEXT on the list: love, love, LOVE the new pics & blog decor..so cute! Who was your photographer..the snaps are amazing:) I laughed reading your post about the funny things Tanner says...he is such a character..I honestly have such a fun time when I get to play with your kiddies!
AND, everyone's back to school, huh? How's that feel? I love the cowboy boots with Tanner's pjs, btw..OH, do I detect earrings in Kenna's ears? oh la la!

Love ya Misty!

The Brockbanks said...

I love the new pics! Every single one of them are good. I don't know how you are going to pick. The Lake Powell pictures are great. That was such a fun trip! The boys suck! You are a maniac skiier. I have said it before I will say it again, You are my IDOL!!! Ethan was so good he can come every year. I think we need to make that an annual trip.

The Fife's said...

What cute kids, they are all getting so big. Cute family photo at the top of your blog!

Kevin Kim Cade Ellie said...

You have the cutest family! Congrats on your half marathon. I would love to do that and hopefully I will one day soon. Brandon is such a sweet husband. I miss Lake Powell and I am really jealous that you went. I have good memories of you in Lake Powell, things I will never forget, even if I wanted to.

Christiansen's said...

What a cute blog. I loved reading about your kids. Tanner is so cute, I loved reading about the things he will say to you, especially when you got pulled over by the cop. SO cute!

mIcHeLLe said...

misty...your blog is just adorable! Your family is so dang cute!