Wednesday, June 25, 2008

While the cats away, the "bats" will play!

That's not a typo. I really mean bat. The other day I happen to look out my front door onto my front porch area. We have a covered entry as you approach our front door. I noticed there was something odd on the stucco. At first it looked like a really big spider. Then I realized, we don't have spiders that big here and if we do, it's time to move. My friend Lilly was over and we both started wondering what the heck it was. We got the camera out and courtesy of Lilly, she zoomed in on the "thing." (I was trying to stick the camera out the door but I was way too scared and couldn't get a good shot.)She took the picture and this is what we saw. Is that disgusting or what? Of course, Brandon was out of town that day. So we did what any two independent and brave women would do... we called Dwight -- I mean Jason. I was afraid of the bat coming into the house and a bag getting thrown over my head and beat senseless. Next thing you know, I windup with rabbies. And as we know, 4 people a year die of rabbies and there is no major funding for research at this point except for a measly $250 check given my Micheal Scott. (Like that's going to cover any major hospital bills.) Due to the risks, we opted for Jason to scare the bat away from the outside of the house instead of sticking the long pole through the door from the inside. Safer for all of us, except maybe Jason. You should of seen him run like mad after poking the "Thing" and thought the bat was on his back. Hilarious. Actually, he was the hero of the day. Who knows what we would have done without him. Anyway, enjoy the video footage, again, courtesy of Lilly. What makes this video so funny is when you realize that Lilly and I are safe behind a closed door and we still freaked out so bad that we couldn't even hold the camera still. **By the way, for those who didn't understand the humor with Dwight, Micheal Scott and rabbies, it's from the TV show called "The Office." If you don't watch it, you should because it's absolutely hilarious.**

9 comments:

MEGandJEFF said...

Misty, as a fellow 'Office' viewer I found your references HE-larious! But the video was the best! It was just the giggle I needed to start my day :) I probably would've freaked out WAY worse!

The Dobrons said...

That was soo funny--thanks for the laugh...I'm curling my toes now--eeeeew!

Cathy said...

That is too funny! I love the screaming at the end. :)

Janae said...

That is hilarious! I would have been freaking out too!

Anonymous said...

The video and pic really doesn't do it justice...seriously..I was terrified

Tiffany Fairbanks said...

That is easily the funniest thing ever! My thoughts now...where did the little rodent go? Is he trying to stay on Skyline Drive? FREAKY!!!

Jen and her men said...

Don't send it our way. Yuck. I would totally freak out too. Great video! Found your blog on Tiffany's. It's fun to read about what you guys have been up to lately.

JAY said...

I can just see u freaking out over that BAT & I love the video.........Love Ya Jay...Please Tell your Mom and Dad Hi

Shannon and Andrew said...

I appreciated the Office humor. That was such a funny episode. I love the video footage.