Thursday, July 17, 2008

The 4th of July


This fourth of July was so fun. We started out with a neighborhood breakfast that was suppose to be held in our backyards but ended up at IHOP. It's not the place but the company that matter most, right. As we were driving to IHOP, Tanner asked where we were going and we explained to him that we were going to IHOP for breakfast. A few minutes later he asked if we were at "I-Bunny" yet? (We have a rabbit named Hoppy and he equated IHOP to I-Bunny. It made sense to him. It was so funny.)

After breakfast we headed to the Newman's for a family swim party and BBQ. The kids always love swimming but they especially love swimming when dad comes and gets in the pool with them.



After the pool party we headed to another BBQ. It was the annual Weidaur 4th of July party. Unfortunately Makena, Jake and myself had to leave early to make it on time to the Stadium of Fire. The kids were so excited to see the Blue Man Group and of course Miley Cyrus (is that even how you spell her name?)The concert was awesome and the fireworks were spectacular. A little better than the ones we set off on our street.



The whole night was a great memory but for me my favorite part was when the troops brought out the American Flag. I thought it was inspiring to see our flag in all it's beauty. They had the field filled with the families of those whose loved ones were over seas serving our county and protecting our freedoms. They had a satellite so that a few families could actually see and talk to their dads and husbands. It literally brought tears to my eyes as I thought of the wonderful day I had with my family and to realize that their family unit is broken up while he or she is serving in foreign lands. I truly am grateful for those who have served in the past and are currently serving to protect my family and the land we live in.


The following day it was the Rowley's turn to celebrate. Cathy was in town and we got together at my house for a family BBQ. When we all get together it gets crazy and loud but it's always lots of fun. We always love when Cathy comes to visit but this time she was able to bring Ty with her. My kids love Ty cause they are mystified by his height. Ty stand at a staggering 6 feet and 7 inches (Cathy, you'll have to correct me if I'm wrong on the height.)



Brandon is our master griller. He is always either cooking or has his hands in the sink. It drives my mom crazy. She is always trying to kick Brandon out of the kitchen. I can hear her right now saying "Brandon, get out of my sink and stop doing my dishes." I beginning to wonder if Brandon has realized that it's the safest spot to be during a Rowley party. Just kidding.

3 comments:

Cathy said...

That BBQ was fun. Thanks for hosting. Holiday's always make it hard to live away from family. I was good to see everyone! I don't blame Brandon for wanting to get away even if he has to do dishes in order to do that. Since I am away for most of the family events I forgot how confusing it is with all those people. None the less it was an excellent time and I am so happy we came, even though it was only for 2 days. Much love!

JAY said...

Misty I Love seeing pictures of your family..Your cute little family and of course one my favorite families (did I spell that right???)THE ROWLEYS..Tell your MOM & DAD HI..Love JAY

Shannon and Andrew said...

Stadium of Fire was fun. I wish we could of sat together.