Before reading this post you should know a few things:
1-This is Brandon and not Misty
2-She has no idea I'm doing this
3-I am creating this post since she can't brag about herself
4-I feel a little dirty writing on a blog read predominantly by women (a little liberating to be honest)
Misty is my hero for MANY reasons, but I'm writing about how she recently achieved a huge milestone. As most of you know, Misty recently gave birth to our fourth son Ethan. Shortly afterward she decided that she wanted to compete in the Provo half marathon. Since I'm just another ignorant husband I can't fully describe the process your body goes through during conception, labor, delivery, and post-partum (I get the conception part actually); but I imagine it is very difficult to run let alone a half marathon. Over a short 5 month window she was able pull herself from a hospital room to the finish line of a big race.
She will say it was nothing, but I say CONGRATULATIONS! She finished in under 2 hours. Me and the kids are all very proud of you. We love you!



9 comments:
GOOOO Brandon! I'm glad you did this since she didn't :) I kept checkin' for her to blog about this..but of course, since she's one hecka busy woman I got why she didn't. I was SO impressed by her!! I loved every minute of running with her and she truly is a role model for me..one smart, sassy, amazing girl!
Just so ya know, Misty..I can't wait to run with you again!
Way to go Misty! and Brandon too! Love you guys!!!
Wow, that is great. Congratulations Misty! I feel good if I get a 1/2 hour walk in the morning, maybe I should have a better goal.
Good job Brandon for showing your respect to Misty,It takes a real Man to get on and BLOG....Misty your great Proud of u...Love Jay
I seriously just got chills. What an awesome husband for writing such a nice post. And since I do know what labor and delivery feel like and how hard it is to get back into shape my hat is off to you. WAY TO GO>
Good Job, Misty! I am always impressed with people that can run. I get so bored! I am proud of you and impressed that Brandon wrote this post for you. We miss you guys!
BTW - thanks again for letting us use your time share. We loved Hawaii! Next time we need to go together.
I'm so impressed. I'm not sure I will be running any time soon!
Misty we are so proud of you! I know I wouldn't be able to do that!
What a sweetheart of a hubby! When the heck did you find time to train for a half marathon let alone race in one???? What the heck? I think you're my hero too!
Post a Comment