Sunday, April 19, 2009

Christmas 2008

Well I haven't blogged in months so I'm playing catch up. I'm starting with Christmas. The 2008 Christmas Season was wonderful. The kids had a wonderful time. We did all sorts of fun things and here are just a few of them. We got to enjoy a white Christmas and had plenty of snow to make snowman's. Makena won't stop until she has a snowman and it usually consists of her slave driving Jake until it's done. Jake has lost interest hours before the snowman is complete but Makena won't stop until it's done. It's one of the things I love about Makena.

This year the kids had a hot chocolate/treat sale with the Bullington's to help raise money for Sub for Santa. They all did a great job and help to contribute to a family we sponsored.It wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't go to the Alpine live nativity. The kids love it because of all the real animals that they get to pet. This year a goat or two escaped their pen and Chad Christofferson was able to lasso them in. (I think it comes from his childhood and growing up in Lehi--big farming community). When you come to the stable were the actual nativity is the spirit is so strong with a real live baby lying in the manger. The atmosphere is completely different and it's a great way to help the kids recognize the spirit.Another fun family tradition is visiting Temple Square. This year Cindy and Cathy went with us. It was fun to have Cathy visit from Portland. It was a cold night but a successful one as no one lost a limb from the freezing temperatures and I left with the same amount of children as I came with. I swear we always lose someone for just a minute or two every year.This year the Rowley's started a new tradition. On the afternoon of Christmas Eve we all went tubing at Soldier Hollow. It was so fun but so cold. If I remember right the temperature gage read 0. It was freezing but lots of fun.


We can't forget the tradition of new pajama's on Christmas Eve. What a bunch of goofs!!

What a mess after it's all said and done!!! Where is the maid when you need her.

New Years! It seems that we always spend New Years with the cousins. This year we had a really fun party at Mike and Anna's. We had a delicious dinner, the kids played games, watched videos and of course we grabbed out pots and pans at midnight!! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Yay! Welcome back to the world of blogging! : )
It's fun to see the fun things everyone does for the Holidays...kids sure add a fun twist! I love it!

Cathy said...

I am so glad I finally made the blog! I need to update mine in the worse way!